Kadence's Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Kaison's Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Kayman's Birthday Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 1, 2007

Our Efforts Not in Vain

Micah and I have been praying with Kadence almost every day since she was born. She usually hears 2 or 3 prayers every day thanking God for the same things each time. We always try to mention each family member by name, our blessings, friends (i.e. Corban is ALWAYS the first friend Kadence mentions), and prayer requests. Every once in a while we will try to get her to say the prayer, but she always gets shy and says, "Noooooooo." (This one is in a sweet voice, rather than the usual mean "NO!"). Well, yesterday on our way to Wal-Mart I kept hearing her repeat "Nana, Papa, Trent, Tori, and Boryan (Corban)." She kept saying it over and over so finally I looked back and she had her hands folded and her head bowed. So, Nana, Papa, Trent, Tori, and Boryan - know you were prayed for yesterday by Kadence!! It was the sweetest, most rewarding things to know that she is picking up on what we are teaching her!! I pray that she will alwasys have a wonderful relationship with her Father and know that she can ALWAYS go to Him in prayer!!

8 comments:

Tammy said...

How sweet! I love hearing Caitlyn pray, especially when I catch her unawares like that.

Christi said...

I remember when Cole started to pray. It was the same prayer every night. Now both boys are a little embarrassed to pray. Kadence will love Thomas. It is a lot of fun.

Elizabeth Mullins said...

I have tears in my eyes! I love the sweet prayers of our babies. They are so simple yet perfect. Plus, she is praying for my little one too!
How do I send you a video? I have not ever done that...

rebeckaoneal said...

JaySea's prayers are so sweet the last one she always mentions is her self it goes like this and thank you for me Jaysea amen. it melts my heart to hear little kids pray i wish we all had the faith of children

Nana said...

What a special honor.....to be remembered in prayer by the sweetest, purest, most innocent child. Thank you Kadence for remembering your Papa and Nana in your prayers. We love you BIG BUNCHES!!!

Britney said...

That is too sweet! I too have tears in my eyes!

Andrea said...

I love it. The prayers of our babies are the purest and remind me of what God really wants to hear!

Anonymous said...

What a blessing it was to read this "Hobbs Happening". It made my heart joyful to see "Our Efforts" passed down to our grandkids. Better yet, to see that GOD is continuing to answer our prayers for you and your family.